26 Aug Personalize Your Nutrition Based on Genetics
Personalize Your Nutrition Based on Genetics
I’m sure you’ve wondered like I have. What are the ideal diet and lifestyle choices I can make that support me, specifically? With all the information out there on diets, exercise, supplements, etc, it seems like an endless inquiry. But the key is held in our personal DNA. Everyone is different genetically, and we can create specific guidance based on DNA testing.
Something we focus very closely on at Optimal Movement is getting our clients results as quick as possible. That applies to all of the forms of treatment or therapies we offer. To hold true to our foundation in results, we offer DNA testing. We will analyze your DNA to give you a personalized, scientific, and easy to understand Health Action Plan. This helps you make the right choices specifically for your lifestyle, based on your unique DNA. Dr. Carter can review your history and discuss which panels or individual traits you may wish to test.
Blood testing is an important snapshot into your body, right now. This helps us see what fires or symptoms need to be addressed in the moment. But DNA testing is even more important because the information can give you insight to health decisions you can make everyday, for the rest of your life.
Personalized Health Action Plan
With the DNA testing you’ll receive a personalized Health Action Plan including:
- Nutrition: Diet and nutrition strategies to help you overcome genetic predispositions and live your healthiest life.
- Lifestyle: Recommendations to optimize your mental wellness.
- Supplements: Recommended dietary vitamins and supplements to help you achieve your optimal help.
- Further Testing: Additional lab test recommendations to see exactly how your genetics may be affecting you now.
- Exercise: Specific exercise strategies to help you improve performance and recover faster.
Available DNA Testing Panels
There are a variety of panels available for testing, including:
- Cardiometabolic Panel: Designed to help people understand why they are experiencing obesity, blood sugar dysregulation, insulin resistance, elevated cardiovascular markers or lipid imbalances.
- Cognitive Panel: Designed to support people who are experiencing anxiety, depression, inability to focus, loss of memory or have a history of head trauma.
- Detox Panel: Designed to help people understand why they struggle to lose weight, experience fatigue or mood irregularity, have skin issues or difficulty detoxifying environmental toxins.
- Endurance Performance: Designed for the endurance athlete interested in improving their competitive edge by understanding their muscle fiber types, possible nutrition deficiencies, recovery ability and injury susceptibility.
- Energy/Fatigue Panel: Designed to help individuals understand why they struggle with headaches, debilitating exhaustion, joint pain, feelings of apathy or cortisol dysregulation.
- GI Panel: Designed to help people understand why they may be experiencing diarrhea, constipation, bloating, abdominal pain or food intolerances.
- Health Enrichment: Designed for someone new to genetic testing who is interested in a little bit of everything: workout suggestions, nutritional deficiencies, type of sleep, exercise injury susceptibility and ability to metabolize alcohol and caffeine.
- Hormone Panel: Designed to help people understand why they may have difficulty losing weight, irregular menstrual cycles, depression, irregular hormone levels or loss of libido.
- Immune Panel: Designed to help people understand why they are suffering from joint pain, skin irritation, autoimmune disorders, brain fog or frequent illness.
- Nutrition Optimization: Designed to help individuals uncover possible nutrient deficiencies, their ability to metabolize alcohol, caffeine and learn about food intolerance.
- Specialty Hormone Traits: Designed to help women gain a deeper genetic understanding of certain hormone-based conditions. Such as PMS, Fibroids, Endometriosis, PCOS and Postpartum Depression.
- Weight Management: Designed to help individuals interested in maintaining a healthy weight by highlighting how they process different macronutrients. Such as fat, protein, and carbohydrates, as well as identifying risk for obesity and eating behaviors.
Individual Traits Available for Testing
A wide variety of individual genetic traits are available for testing. These are included in the larger panels but can be added to the testing if necessary. These include DNA traits for:
- Alcohol metabolism
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Endurance performance
- Celiac Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Concussion with TBI
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- and 70+ other individual traits
What if I’ve done 23andMe or Ancestry DNA Testing?
Great! We can also plug in your raw genetic data from these sites so you can gain valuable health insights that their reports don’t provide. In this comprehensive report you’ll get health reports including:
- Circadian Report
- Longevity Report
- Cholesterol Report
- Methylation Report
- Micronutrient Report
- Fitness Report
- Telomere (aging) Report
- Metabolism of vitamins D, C, B12, A, folate, and omega-3
- Saturated fat and other fat metabolism
- Carbohydrates metabolism and risk of metabolic disease
- Sleep, exercise performance, and longevity
- Metabolism and excretion of potentially harmful compounds and carcinogens (cancer causing agents)
- Cholesterol metabolism
This comprehensive genetic report consolidates up-to-date research on most of the common SNPs that research suggests may have actionable nutritional and lifestyle interventions based on scientific evidence. SNPs are variations in a gene’s DNA sequence that can alter its function either in a good way or a bad way.
To produce your customized report, you must have prior testing by a DNA service like 23andMe or Ancestry. You can read more about this service through Found my Fitness.
Schedule a Nutrition Consult
If you’re interested in which DNA test or individual traits would be appropriate for you to get tested, schedule a nutrition consult with Dr. Carter. He will help compile a Health Action Plan specifically for you based on your results, health history, and goals.
To order specialized kits, please contact Dr. Carter to order. If you would like to order your own general kits, please visit https://nutridyn.com/myorigin/. To register as a patient use practitioner code: 103201
HealthcarePro Panels: HealthcarePro Panels contain traits that are grouped together based on functional medicine modules. These panels come with recommendations.
WellnessPro Panels: WellnessPro Panels are based on the traits we see most commonly used by Wellness practitioners. These panels come with recommendations.
Custom Panels: The Custom Trait Panels feature allows you to create your own custom trait panel utilizing our complete list of traits. These panels come with recommendations.
Custom Raw Data Panels: The Custom Raw Data Panels feature allows you to create your own custom raw data panel. You will receive a raw data file only with these panels. Recommendations do not come with this panel.
|Test Kit plus 1 Panel||$135.00|
|Each additional HealthcarePro Panel purchased at anytime||$35.00|
|Test Kit plus 1 Panel||$125.00|
|Each additional WellnessPro Panel purchased at anytime||$25.00|
|Test Kit plus 3 Traits and respective recommendations||$130.00|
|Each Additional Trait||$5.00|
|Test Kit plus Raw Data for Custom List of 200 SNPs||$120.00|
|Each Additional Custom List of Requested SNP’s ($5.00 per 200.00 SNPs) ordered anytime||$5.00|
Looking to book your next session?Book Now